- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Sex Abuse Of Children
- Sexual Assault Victims
- Slip & Falls
- Spine Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
CONNECTICUT CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Pursuing Just Compensation for Injured Victims Throughout Connecticut
Being involved in a car accident can be an incredibly frightening experience. If you or someone you love was injured in the crash, you may be feeling overwhelmed with the challenges associated with obtaining and paying for proper medical treatment, especially if you or your loved one is forced to take time off work to heal.
At the Goff Law Group - West Hartford, we understand how stressful and difficult this time is for you. Our car accident lawyers are here to help you understand your rights, including your right to pursue fair compensation for your financial, physical, and emotional damages. If someone else’s negligence led to the accident, we encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible to learn how we can help. Our team is proud to represent drivers throughout the state of Connecticut.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our attorneys are well-versed in a wide variety of car accident claims. We have a 99% success rate in handling personal injury cases, and we are prepared to help you, too.
Our team can assist you with cases involving:
- Drunk Drivers: If you were hit or if your loved one was killed by a drunk driver, we can help you take action to hold the drunk driver responsible and seek justice for you and your family.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a form of negligence; if you were hit by someone who was texting and driving or otherwise distracted, we can help you fight for fair compensation.
- Hit and Runs: If another motorist hits you but does not stop, you may still be able to recover compensation by filing an uninsured motorist claim, and our team can help.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, you may be able to seek compensation from the rideshare driver or through Uber/Lyft’s insurance coverage.
- Uninsured Motorists: If you were injured by someone who does not have auto insurance or does not have enough coverage, we can help you file an uninsured motorist claim.
How We Handle Car Accident Claims
At Goff Law Group, our Hartford car accident attorneys conduct comprehensive reviews of the information, including consultations with professionals across many fields of expertise. We have built a strong relationship in the community and our connections can help your case.
When working on your car accident case, our lawyers may do any or all of the following:
- Interview all witnesses
- Thoroughly examine police and medical reports
- Retrieve video from roadway cameras when available
- Review all evidence pertinent to the case
We construct a complete picture of what happened to help ensure the best chance of success, be it through mediation or in front of a judge. Rest assured, we aggressively pursue favorable results for our clients to protect their future.
Do medical bills have you worried or confused? Are you concerned because an uninsured driver caused your accident? Goff Law Group can help, taking care of the details so you can focus on recovering and getting back to a normal life. Our goal is to help you find the means to keep going until your case is over, including preparing claims for your own insurance company to enable you to cover the bills while your case goes forward.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
While car accidents are relatively rare events for most people, you should have some idea of what to do in case it should happen to you.
After a car accident, remember to do the following (to the best of your ability):
- Stay as calm as possible
- Check for injuries of all involved
- Call 911
You want the police to come so that there will be an official report of the accident. Let the medical responders on the scene examine you for possible injuries, even if you seem okay.
Do not discuss fault or admit responsibility on the scene, even if you feel you were at fault. Get information from the other drivers, including names, numbers, and insurance information. Take pictures of everything, including your injuries, the vehicles involved, and any roadway features (like construction), that you think may have been contributing factors to the accident.
What Might Car Accident Compensation Look Like?
A major car accident can result in serious personal injuries, expensive medical bills, and years of personal pain and suffering. At Goff Law Group, we believe victims deserve to recover compensation for these losses. We work hard to get you the compensation you need, whether it takes aggressive insurance settlement negotiations or a court trial to do so. The statute of limitations to file a car accident claim in Connecticut is the same as general personal injury: two years from the date of injury. After this time period, you will not be able to file a claim and your right to compensation will be lost.
Connecticut is a “fault insurance state,” meaning accident victims have the right to pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Connecticut is also a "modified comparative negligence" state. This means that even if you are partially at fault for an accident, you still have the right to pursue compensation, as long as your share of the fault is less than 50%. In this scenario, whatever the percentage of fault you are determined to carry will be reduced from your compensation.
You may be entitled to compensation to cover:
- Medical expenses: This includes bills for any and all doctor visits, surgical procedures, treatments, medications, medical devices, therapies, or live-in care relating to your car accident injuries. This includes past expenses, as well as future costs for a long-term injury or disability.
- Pain and suffering: You may recover for past and future physical pain and emotional suffering, as well as mental anguish or psychological damages from a car accident. It is up to a jury to listen to the facts of a case and decide the value of these non-economic damages.
- Lost wages: You can also seek reimbursement for wages you lost from missed time at work during recovery from your injuries. This includes lost income from missed promotions, as well as loss of future earnings in the event of a disability.
You could also receive payment to make up for your property damages, lost enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium. If you lose a loved one in a Connecticut car accident, a wrongful death claim could result in similar compensation awards, as well as additional damages for funeral and burial expenses.
The more catastrophic your injuries, the more your claim could be worth. “Catastrophic” injuries are those that permanently injure, maim, disfigure, or scar the victim. Connecticut currently does not have any caps on how much a plaintiff can earn in any type of injury case. To find out exactly what your car accident claim might be worth, contact our lawyers.
If you were injured in a car accident and you believe the other driver was acting negligently or wrongfully, it is important that you work with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Help from an attorney can make a significant difference in convincing an insurance company, judge, or jury of the distracted driver’s negligence. The legal team at Goff Law Group has years of experience handling all types of car accident claims, including those involving distracted drivers, drunk driving, uninsured drivers, hit and runs, rideshare accidents, and more. Our Hartford car accident attorneys know how to take swift action to preserve evidence to better investigate the crash.
Call us at 203-399-0000 as soon as possible to get started with your claim. The sooner we can begin building your case, the better.
Legal Representation with Your Future in Mind
The insurance company may offer you a settlement after an accident, but keep in mind that they are not looking to make your life easier; they want to pay out as little as possible. Having an experienced lawyer on your side usually means a higher payout and a fairer process. Goff Law Group can fight for a just settlement and save you the headache of negotiating with the insurance company. We know how to secure the maximum compensation for our clients and have an established record of success.